SFM Cloth Dolls with Attitude! NZ

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Patroness of TOTE - The Oamaru Textile exchange in the Victorian Precinct!


Remember this Mannequin?
The neck was too stiff and unsatisfactory, so............off with her head!  Abit of paint to the base - it's already looking more like it!
I decided to see if I could just make a cloth one that didn't have anything hard in it, so I tried this out - Just like any ordinary doll head, and needlesculped it with a BIG needle. She's a big gawky, but hey - she's eyecatching! 
 
 I changed her wig and made a false dress front that looks like a shirt dress with a high collar.  She's wearing the toile I've made for her coat, which I hope to get together shortly.  It's not the finished length, but you get the drift?

She's looking quite excited at having a makeover don't you think?  The coat will be interesting..............I hope.  Certainly a different colour - or two!  Had to work some magic with the neck to hold it all up, but Colleen Babcock gave me a great idea with her new mystery pattern that has worked a treat!

I bought a big picture hat and have tried to make it kind of victorian.  Eventually it will have colour on it to 'doll' it up a bit!

All I hope is that it will weather well enough this summer!  It will be outside most of the time as advertising.  I can just see tourists standing beside her for a photo opportunity!  LOL!  She's over six feet tall!  I'll keep you posted about the next step!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm glad that my technique worked for you Sharon. She does look much more expressive now!

Sharon M said...

Oh Yes! It made all the difference! She can hold her head up with pride now! LOL! Even if I did have to reinforce it!