Monday, April 26, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
This is a pattern for a variety of tops that can be used as tops vest or dress tops. I have drawn out a variety of necklines to trace out. The sides can be straight or fitted. You can make a bra. Or an evening dress strapless or with straps. Round, vee, square or heart shaped neckline. Three different waist lengths. I advise making an initial top from calico first to try for fit. The pattern may need adjusting to fit your doll.• To make a dress, follow the line down with a ruler to the length you wish. Make it longer so you can adjust for hems.
• You can make the dress all in one piece, in which case, follow that dart right down to a point. Or you can make a two piece.
• You can use this pattern to make contemporary clothing or historical clothing and underwear.
• The sleeves show two different shapes. The top one will make the sleeves puffier.
• To make them even puffier, extend the line under the arm out by a few cms and add another line above the one I have drawn. Adjust the side line accordingly.
• The lower line will make the sleeve more fitted.
• Look at fashion sites for ideas, and sewing sites for sewing techniques.
• If you can think of anything else I should add to this, email me please with your suggestion and I’ll put it in.
Double-click on the pattern and enlarge it to print out the correct size. Please let me know if this works?
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
It's all worth it in the end and if it's not worth it - it's not the end!
We are starting a new class and this time the group want to make a doll from a pattern they have. We will have one new person start this week too, so this will make six in the group.